A mothers love is forever.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Just life.

I recently decided that I'm a terrible blogger. I need to take a second look at my new years resolutions to see how often I had said I wanted to blog. I think it was twice each month. Gosh, is that all? I feel like every time I sit down to write, I get writers block. Do I write about my weight loss journey? My girls? Both? Then I get confused and want to do it all in one. Then I think it's too much. So I stop writing and do read other blogs instead. Afterall... that's more fun!

My diet life change has been going well so far. It has been very hard but I've stuck with it for the most part. I've lost a few pounds and already feel a bit better in my jeans. That's the good part. The bad part is that I still crave junk food. Pizza, chocolate, candy, desserts, crackers, chips... all the sweet and salty I can think of, I do. So that makes it hard. It's not like I'm eating all this chicken and salad and thinking, WOW I LOOOOVE this stuff. Nope. I still love Pizza the most. And another thing is that it makes me cranky. I hate not being able to eat my carbs, as I choose. It's frustrating and makes me testy sometimes. I wish I weren't like that but I am. It is who I am. I also feel bad because it makes it hard to enjoy a meal with my husband or kids. They are eating things I would rather be eating. Well, actually, that's mostly Aaron. The girls eat mostly cut up fruits, veggies and some meat. It's Aaron who eats the yummy stuff. He doesn't like veggies, and the things I am eating. I guess you could say cooking right now is a challenge.

Which brings me to my next resolution on making two new meals a month. I've tried new stuff on this diet, but cooking new meals? Not really. If you count making a new egg scramble or adding salsa to my chicken breast then I'm good. But, if you're thinking casserole, crock pot, etc... then nope, nothings been new. Can't experiment right now. I just have to focus on me and what I'm eating and NOT eating.

My girls are the light of my life. The things they say remind me every day why I wanted to be a mom. I love this age! They explore everything and Holly's big into questions. It cracks me right up when she turns to me and says "Momma, I have a question for you". I laugh and say ok, what is your question.... because if I say sure??? then she says "yeah". I have to ask her to ask me the question! And, if something is bothering her, she'll ask me, "what's bugging you mommy?". That means for me to ask her, what's bugging you Holly. Usually, her shirt is itchy. They tell on each other now too which is crazy! If I don't see what they do, I don't give a time out (unless it's obvious and there are tears). But, we use time-outs for both girls and they are awesome with them. They work! Thanks SuperNanny! lol  Aaron and I have been watching that show since before we had kids and we continue to in order to perfect what we're learning. Sometimes Holly WANTS a timeout and we can't quite figure out what to do about that. If we warn her, or have to talk to her about something then she'll automatically say she wants a timeout. We tell her no that we're not putting her in one but if she wants to sit alone for a few, she can. Hannah is talking like crazy now. She says so many new words and I love it. Yesterday her new word was rainbow but it sounds like ram-oh. She's starting to put together 2-3 words and she's learning right behind Holly how to use the potty. She loves to do it and can even tell me now sometimes before she needs to go and can hold it until we get to the potty. I'm hoping she'll be as easy to train as Holly was.

No comments:

Post a Comment