A mothers love is forever.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

i remember. may they will never forget.


I will remember. I will never forget that day. I will never forget the hushed understanding among Americans that followed for weeks. I will never get the images out of my head. And I do this by choice. Sept 11, 2001 was a day that not only changed America, it changed the world. It affected every race, ethnicity, religion, and sex. It was a day of shock, sadness, awe, heroism, terror, and grief. I remember where I was. I will tell my children all about it when they are older. And, I will do my very best not to let them forget. Today, we took them to the dedication of a steel piece of the World Trade Center. Apparently there are 1200 pieces out there and there was a rigorous application process in order to place these where they would be most appreciated. I am proud that the firefighters in my small town took the initiative and were chosen. God Bless America, ten years to the day the world was forever changed.
Before they unveiled the steel piece.

They closed down Grand River Avenue.

Unbelievable.

I cannot get over the bent nails.



Baby girls, I pray your generation never understands the grief associated with this type of terror.
And if you do, I pray that you will never take for granted the beauty of each day. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment