A mothers love is forever.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Chosen Once More.

Once again, we were asked by our ado.ptio.n agency if we were interested in speaking on their adop.tive parent panel to prospective adop.tive couples. We did this the fall after Hannah was born and here we are going to do it again. Our response was a definate YES!

I love to tell Holly's story. I love to tell our story. The story from beginning to end. From my first REI appt, through my miscarriages, into our decision to adopt. Through the paperwork, the matching, the failed placement and the waiting. And waiting. And sadness. And anger. And despair. And then the rest of the first chapter in our parenting ventures, our match, and placement with our beautiful Holly. And eventually, the twist, the birth of our silly Hannah.

Without one part of the story, it's not complete. It's our story. Our creation as a family. I know there are many stories with such similar paths and it once made me sad. I used to say I'd NEVER wish that on anyone. The pain and loss is great in infertility and adoptio.n. But, now, with the way things have turned out... I know it was HIS plan for me. And, I cannot say I wouldn't wish it on anyone anymore because if their story turns out even half as awesome as ours, then it was well worth every tear. Guaranteed.

So it goes without question that we'll go and we'll represent the domestic ad.option side of things. The cool part is that we have a few more years under our belts and we might be able to answer the questions with a bit more grace and much more understanding. I pray that our words help others and our story with our semi-open adop.tion gives them a sense of what could be, with their own spin on how to proceed with their birth families. I'm excited, and anxious and as always, thrilled to share our story!

2 comments:

  1. We too LOVE sharing our story, unfortunately the agency hasn't asked us to speak lately:( However we still from time to time talk to friends of friends, friends of family members etc... who are interested in adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you get to share your story again! We also love to share ours!! From your post I thought you were really chosen again :))

    ReplyDelete